Tuesday 29 November 2016

Acceptance

I've done bits of venting here and there over the last day or so, but I think I'm overall hitting the "acceptance" phase of one part of my grief from the last few months. 


"Acceptance" doesn't mean that I'm happy with how things are, but it does mean that I'm learning to let go, and just know the hollow place is now a part of my internal geography. 


It's not the only hollow place.   I have another one that's about 15 years old, now, that still pops into the forefront of my mind from time to time. It still hurts, but I can't do anything about it, other than occasionally sending a friend request that I know will be refused.


This new hollow place will eventually lose its sharp edges, and just be another part of the landscape. It's already happening. Every day, the edges smooth a little more. Maybe some of the debris falls inside, and fills in the hole a little. 


Maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment